Harringtons release eclectic East City Sessions line-up for August
Harringtons Cocktail Bar & Lounge has built a new destination for premier entertainment every Thursday at their carefully curated East City Sessions.
ECS features established jazz acts, as well as up-and-coming experimental acts that are looking for a stage to cut their teeth.
This is a free weekly event that’s growing a loyal following with every set, so be a part of the good vibes and join in the vibes and good tunes every Thursday for some of the local and international talent.
3rd Aug – Electric Mud
10th Aug – Giuliette Price Quintet
17th Aug – Buddy Wells Quartet
24th Aug – Emmaleen Duo
31st Aug – MaxX and Love
Entrance is free. Music starts at 7pm. Booking is advised: email@example.com
East City Sessions
Biographies for musicians
– Electric Mud originally formed as a 4 piece blues band, but over the years the band has explored all strides of music, where the flavours of funk, rhythms of rock and roll, and melodies of soul have entered their repertoire. All the members of Electric Mud being lifelong friends gives explanation for the undeniable chemistry the band has when playing their own music, along with classic covers. When Benjamin Fisher, Matt Levy, Gabriel Wulfsohn and Kola Cohen come together to entertain on their respective instruments, it creates an atmosphere so strong and so intimate that you won’t want to miss it.
Giuliette Price Quintet
– Giuliette takes the stage this time with an incredible band of jazz musicians who breathe life into each composition including. Luke van Eeden on drums, Joshua Nemaire on bass, Nobuhle Ashunti on piano, and B-Rae on trumpet.
– Giuliette’s quintet draws influence on jazz, bossa nova, indie, pop and soul in Giuliette’s originals that make the songs infectious. Each performance is interpreted differently to keep audience members on their toes. Join us for a special performance, using original music as a vessel to navigate life, loss, betrayal and what it feels like to be hopelessly in love.
Buddy Wells Quartet
– Buddy Wells is a Cape Town-based saxophonist, composer, and arranger who has had the pleasure of performing and recording with many well-known South African and international music legends. The quartet is made up of Buddy Wells, Reza Khota (guitar), Nicholas Williams (bass), and Jonno Sweetman (drums).
– Emmaleen is a self-taught gothic blues artist from the sparse and sacred landscape of Namibia. Her soulful vocals and intricate guitar sound straight out of the desert night – expect an intimate, dark and emotive performance.
MaxX and Love
– MaxX & Love is a music duo born from the Blues. Their music is largely influenced by their lives and is conveyed through a musical form of storytelling.